We’re currently looking for two Careers Advisors to join us on a full-time or part-time basis.
If you have experience of delivering careers advice (or are looking to develop your career in this area), this is a brilliant opportunity to join an innovative organisation that helps people to realise their full potential.
Working as part of a passionate team, you will have the chance to make a positive impact on individuals throughout the Black Country area and enable them to achieve their professional and educational aspirations.
- Salary of £19,064 - £24,000 per annum (pro rata if part time)
- Mobile phone and laptop
- Free parking
- Paid company sick leave
- Company pension after probation period
- 20 days’ holiday + Bank Holidays (pro rata if part time)
- Claimable expenses for any work-related travel
As a Careers Advisor, you will provide careers advice to adults at venues throughout the Black Country area, including Dudley, Walsall and Wolverhampton.
Supporting the delivery of our National Careers Service, you will advise individuals face-to-face, via telephone, email and other digital means to help them achieve their work or learning goals.
Additionally, you will:
- Support individuals to develop their career management skills
- Develop relationships with a network of referral partners, such as community and faith organisations
- Represent and promote our organisation and services
- Attend training to maintain your knowledge
To join us as a Careers Advisor, you’ll need:
- Experience of delivering careers advice to employed and unemployed adults, individually or in groups (or working in a similar environment)
- At a minimum, a Level 4 Diploma in Careers Information and Advice or NVQ 4 in Advice & Guidance or equivalent (or the willingness to gain this)
- Strong IT skills, including the use of social media
- The ability to deliver careers advice in a range of settings and through a range of delivery modes
We are also eager to hear from individuals who want to build their careers advice experience and are seeking a trainee role.
Other organisations may call this role Employment Advisor, Careers Adviser, Guidance Counsellor, Employment Services Co-ordinator, Career Guidance Advisor, or Careers Counsellor.
This role is available on a full-time basis (37.5 hours per week) or part-time basis (18.5 hours per week). For the part-time position, we are flexible as to when these hours are worked.
Webrecruit, ACH (Ashley Community Housing) and Himilo Training are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
How do I apply?
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Careers Advisor, please apply via the link below. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit.