Enterprise Community Engagement Facilitator (Consultancy), offering attractive Salary + benefits, based in Bristol.
ACH is a leading provider of resettlement services for refugee and newly arrived communities in the UK, working to resettle refugees through labour market and social integration. We currently work in Bristol, Birmingham, Wolverhampton and Coventry.
For all refugees coming to the UK to be successfully integrated into society with access to adequate accommodation, employment and education.
Purpose of job
To facilitate business and enterprise workshops to refugee and migrants who would like to set up a business or have an existing business and they would like to grow. To raise awareness and build community engagement in the business support services and workshops we offer via the EDEBS project.
The EDEBS project aims to support the launch, stabilisation and growth of third country national businesses by offering bespoke business advice and training as well as working closely with organisations to upskill their business support infrastructure to support refugees and migrants.
We are seeking members of the community who can refer clients to our business workshops that will be followed up by one-to-one specialist advice from our Enterprise Facilitator. The workshops will cover different areas such as; Business Start-up support, HMRC registration, E-Commerce, Marketing, food industry tips and information and more. The workshops will also be an excellent way to network with other businesses and share best practice.
Referrals to the project need to be Third Country National (TCN*) businesses already established but would like further support to stabilize and grow and TCN’s that are looking to start a business or at the beginning stages of business set-up.
* Eligibility of referrals need to be Third Country Nationals (TCN) who do not have a UK, EU, EEA or Swiss passports. Clients will either have possession of a Biometric Residency Permit or visa to prove eligibility
- To identify the type of business support that entrepreneurs in the local community need and to identify workshop topics to cover
- To arrange and facilitate business workshops offering specialist advice in business start-up and growth
- To liaise with businesses and individuals in the community to refer to these workshops
- To check eligibility to ensure prospective clients have a BRP card or visa and not UK, EU, or Swiss passport
- To work closely with the Project Manager to arrange venue and to liaise with various stakeholders
- To offer translation support in Arabic and Somali for the workshops
The ideal Community Engagement Facilitator:
Essential Skills & Experience
- Excellent communication skills and ability to network and liaise with TCN businesses in Bristol as well as TCN who would like to start a business and need further support.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and manage a caseload of entrepreneurs
- Strong organisational skills to organise workshops including referrals, different workshop topics, venue/time, and key speakers.
- A commitment to Equality and Diversity principles
- A commitment to professional representation of ACH
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Demonstratable experience of setting up and running a business in the U.K.
- Knowledge of how to help set up businesses including the legal requirements, business planning process as well as access to Bristol markets and supply chains.
- Knowledge of a community language(s) and/or lived experience of being a refugee
To be considered for this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a covering letter giving details of how you meet the role criteria.
The EDEBS project has been part funded by the European Union Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund. Making management of migration flows more efficient across the European Union.