Location: Birmingham Hours – 37.5 p/w Mon-Fri
Salary – £28,000 – £32,000 p/a (dependent upon qualification/experience) plus mobile phone & laptop.
ACH (Ashley Community Housing) is an award-winning social enterprise specialising in the economic, social and civic integration of refugees via accommodation and community-based training support. Through our training subsidiary, Himilo, we are successfully expanding our services to deliver training, development and employment opportunities to the broader communities in which we operate. Building upon our award-winning #rethinkingrefugee campaign, we aim to progress 25,000 individuals towards median-salary employment over 10 years.
About the Role:
ACH are recruiting for an experienced, target-driven and commercially-minded Manager to lead and represent our West Midlands Employment and Careers Service team, currently comprising around 10 staff, delivering the following provision:
- National Careers Service (NCS)
- Syrian Vulnerable Persons Resettlement Programme - Employment Programme
- Commercial Pre-and Post-employment Training contracts
ACH’s employment work aims to deliver real long-term impact to our service users by providing the skills, competencies and opportunities required for successful employment whilst also effectively developing ‘softer’ characteristics such as motivation, focus, ambition and confidence.
- Our new Syrian employment programme will utilise first-language training and CIAG to support refugees to transfer existing skills and experience and develop new vocational skills, equipping them to access the local labour market and develop career plans that meet their long-term aspirations. Focused Employer Engagement, Jobs Fairs and 1-to-1 support and advocacy will generate employment opportunities for our service users.
- Our NCS contract provides high-quality CIAG and training to assist service users to identify and follow their preferred career paths.
- Our Commercial contracts provide candidate sourcing and screening, pre-employment training and in-work support services to a range of employers including well-known national and international brands.
With confident and collaborative representation of ACH within key Birmingham forums, the successful applicant will grow our stakeholder network and reinforce our existing relationships. A very broad remit to influence the shape of both current and future operations provides an exciting opportunity to drive the performance and future growth of ACH and Himilo in the West Midlands, increasing our impact upon the lives of our service users.
- Effective contract and performance management of employment-related programmes to fully meet funders’ requirements and maximise benefit to participants.
- Professional representation of ACH within all relevant stakeholder and employer networks to build organisational profile and generate new business, in particular building relationships and securing opportunities with private-sector employers.
- Development of cross-contract working practices and processes to enhance team capability, capacity and efficiency.
- Development of staff competencies to provide continuous improvement of service quality and performance.
- Achieve on-target delivery, co-ordination and programme management of all regional employment projects and programmes.
- Ensure a responsive and impactful service that is focused upon achieving positive, sustained outcomes for our service users and employer partners.
- Provide resource, activity and performance management for all regional employment delivery sites.
- Ensure that work is delivered to budget and in line with performance targets. This will include:
- KPI setting and monitoring for staff and contracts
- ensuring staff performance including embedding best practice
- ensuring resource and financial efficiency
- Support direct delivery to service users where required.
- Work in collaboration with the Operations and Quality Managers to ensure that work is delivered to a high standard and to client/funder specification.
- Support the Quality Manager in the continuous quality improvement of ACH services and activities.
- Support the Operations Manager and other ACH staff in the development of a portfolio of employment-focused projects which meet income generation targets and complement ACH’s mission.
- Implement and oversee delivery of ACH Employment projects. This includes delivery planning with the Operations Manager, project staff and colleagues to ensure delivery meets targets, minimum standards and the needs of clients and partners.
- Generate and use Management Information to effectively assess contractual and staff performance and areas for improvement.
- Create and maintain contractual and staff Performance Improvement Plans
- Co-ordinate reviews on project progress to be held with delivery staff on a regular basis.
- Produce and submit reports to funders and other partners as required.
- Recruit, coordinate and supervise the work of staff as appropriate including supervision of colleagues working on Employment projects but based in other parts of ACH.
- Adhere to ACH’s financial procedures.
- Work with the Operations Manager to ensure that income is maximised and all spend on resources is monitored appropriately to support delivery within budget, with all information required being produced in a timely manner.
- Produce and submit payment claims in line with funder requirements and timescales.
People Management and Development
- Lead on line management meetings and procedures etc for specific staff and the performance appraisal process.
- Provide the necessary professional support and assistance to all staff including acting as a model of appropriate professional behaviours.
- Responsible for effective people management including motivation of staff, maintaining team dynamics, setting SMART objectives and managing staff expectations.
- Provide regular feedback to staff on performance including leading on regular project reviews with staff.
- Communicate the strategic objectives of ACH to staff.
- Evaluate the return on investing in the development of staff and take responsibility for developing team capabilities.
Project Development and Management
- Support development and manage/directly deliver relevant projects, meeting best practice and in accordance with legislative and organisational guidelines and procedures.
- Ensure all project targets are met adhering to contractual obligations and funder requirements. These include financial compliance, client eligibility, achievement of outputs and outcomes and achieving financial targets including challenging Payment by Results elements.
- To oversee the purchasing and allocation of project resources in line with ACH financial policies.
- To manage project budgets to control the operational spend and purchase ordering element of the budget for all designated projects, ensuring that all available income is claimed on time and that expenditure does not exceed available funds.
- Maintain all electronic and hard copy records and documentation in line with the relevant Funder and Quality Assurance Procedures to allow payment to be drawn down and audit trails to be produced.
- Ensure that opportunities for publicity are maximised for the benefit of ACH, client confidence and strategic/operational partnerships.
- Ensure that all communication with stakeholders is accurate, timely and relevant.
- Work effectively with other parts of the business where cross-department delivery is to the benefit of ACH and its service users.
- Co-ordinate and effectively develop ACH’s relationships with strategic and operational partners and other stakeholder relationships as delegated by the Operations Manager.
- Attend partner meetings and forums to represent ACH and its services.
- Present ACH services to employers and funders to generate new business when required.
- Undertake training and development deemed necessary for the pursuance of the post.
- Comply with Safeguarding, Prevent, and Equality & Diversity Policies and Procedures at all times.
- Meet the travel requirements within the region.
- Ensure that Health and Safety is observed in the course of employment.
- Undertake any other related responsibilities commensurate with the evolving objectives of the post as may reasonably be requested.
- Work with due regard for ACH’s core values and objectives.
For further details download the job description
To apply send CV and covering letter to Beverly.firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications is Friday 19th July. We reserve the right to close this role early due to high volume of applications received.