Do you have an outstanding track record of delivering careers advice in a range of different settings through different delivery modes? Are you adept at developing and maintaining effective partnerships in your network? If so, read on.
ACH is a social enterprise that provides a range of integration and support services for refugees. During the past ten years, we’ve grown from a small-scale housing organisation to a leading provider of integration, employment and housing services for refugees and newly arrived communities in the UK.
Through our training subsidiary, Himilo Training, we are successfully expanding our services to deliver training, development and employment opportunities to the broader communities in which we operate.
We’re currently looking for an Employment Engagement Officer to join our team in the West Midlands/West of England area.
- Salary of up to £30,000 per annum
- Free parking
- Paid company sick leave
- Company pension after probation period
- 20 days’ holiday + Bank Holidays
This is a brilliant opportunity to make a positive difference in your community, engaging with employers to help identify employment and work experience opportunities.
Once you join us, you’ll discover a welcoming and forward-thinking environment where staff are passionate about their work and support each other to achieve objectives.
You will have the chance to play an important role in increasing awareness and involvement in programmes that are removing barriers and giving people life-changing opportunities.
As an Employment Engagement Officer, you’ll identify and map digital skills vacancies in both the West Midlands and West of England regions.
In this important role, you will build relationships with local employers, promote our services and advise them on how they can get involved and offer placements and job opportunities for our learners.
Additionally, you will:
- Carry out regular employer engagement and business development activities to meet monthly targets for sourcing employment opportunities
- Be the main communication link on the project between the ‘Learning Coach’ (LC), employers and participants
- Ensure that project delivery is consistently aligned with the employer, participant and labour market requirements
- Conduct ‘Employer Needs Analysis’ (understanding employers’ skills needs, workplace culture and long-term strategy) to map out pathways for suitable course selection, participant job matching and bespoke employability training
- Work closely with the ‘Learning Coach’ (LC) to accurately diagnose service users’ needs and understand their challenges, career ambitions, strengths and development areas in order to produce and maintain effective SMART career plans
To join us as an Employment Engagement Officer, you’ll need:
- Demonstrable experience in the delivery of structured training courses to groups of learners
- A detailed understanding of employer engagement and/or outreach work
- A strong understanding of the digital market place
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Excellent communication skills
- A full driving licence and access to your own vehicle (to visit employers)
A degree level qualification or above would be advantageous to your application, but is not essential, and equivalent relevant experience will be strongly considered.
Other organisations may call this role Employment Engagement Officer, Adult Education Advisor, Education Programme Co-ordinator, Employer Engagement Co-ordinator, Outreach Officer, or Community Engagement Officer.
Webrecruit, ACH (Ashley Community Housing) and Himilo Training are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.