Covering Birmingham and Coventry | £21,000 - £23,000 pro rata
ACH is a social enterprise that provides a range of integration and support services for refugees. During the past ten years, we’ve grown from a small-scale housing organisation to a leading provider of integration, employment and housing services for refugees and newly arrived communities in the UK.
Through our training subsidiary, Himilo Training, we are successfully expanding our services to deliver training, development and employment opportunities to the broader communities in which we operate.
We are now looking for an Employment Skills Tutor / Coach to join our team. This is currently a part-time role, working 24 hours per week, with the potential to become a full-time position in the future.
- Salary of £21,000 - £23,000 pro rata
- Mobile phone and laptop
- Paid company sick leave
- Company pension after probation period
- Claimable expenses for any work-related travel
- Flexibility regarding which days you work
If you are a qualified teaching or assessment professional, this is a brilliant opportunity to join an innovative organisation that helps people to realise their full potential.
For too long, narratives that promote division have dominated our headlines. Instead, we see refugees as people with talents, skills and aspirations. They are assets who can boost our economy and enrich our communities.
You will have the chance to make a positive impact on people from refugee and migrant backgrounds and give them the tools they need to achieve their professional and educational aspirations.
As an Employment Skills Tutor / Coach, you’ll deliver employment skills training to people throughout Birmingham and Coventry.
You will deliver a combination of classroom and online learning, utilising technology when needed so we can continue to support learners despite the impact of COVID-19.
Each learner will be paired with an allocated mentor, and you will work closely with mentors to ensure individuals achieve their ambitions and successfully complete the training programme.
Some of your duties will include:
- Using existing materials to plan, prepare, deliver and evaluate a course
- Preparing plans and learning materials for each session
- Providing advice to learners and referring them to partners when appropriate
- Maintaining learner records
To join us as an Employment Skills Tutor / Coach, you’ll need:
- At least two years’ experience in the training sector
- Knowledge of employment intervention programmes including their background and operation
- Practical ICT knowledge and experience including use of funder-specific CRM systems
- The ability to deliver confident and persuasive presentations
- A teaching and/or assessor qualification
- At a minimum, GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade C/4 or above including Maths and English
- A full driving licence and access to your own vehicle
- A commitment to promoting equal opportunities and diversity in all work practices, employment and partnering opportunities
Fluency in Arabic, in addition to English, would be beneficial to your application.
Other organisations may call this role Employment Skills Teacher, Career Skills Coach, Employment Skills Coach, Employment Skills Trainer, Trainer, Assessor, or Tutor.
All successful candidates will be required to undertake a DBS check.
This is a part-time role working 24 hours per week, however ACH are flexible regarding the days and exact hours worked and will be happy to discuss this further into the recruitment process.
Webrecruit and ACH are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as an Employment Skills Tutor / Coach, please apply via the button shown.