READ THE JOB PACK HERE.
Job Purpose: To provide careers advice to customers using a variety of delivery methods and to support customer through to a job or learning outcome
Salary range: £19,000.00 - £23,000.00 per annum (Dependant on CIAG Level 4 qualification/experience)
Line Manager: Careers Team Leader
Location: Bristol and surrounding areas
DBS Disclosure: Satisfy completion of an Enhanced DBS check. To comply with and understand ACH / Himilo safeguarding policy and procedures and take action as appropriate in relation to children and vulnerable groups regarding matters of safety, protection and wellbeing.
- Provide careers advice to adults via a range of methods including face to face; telephone; email and other digital means to help them to achieve work or learning goals.
- Support customers to develop career management skills through a range of activities.
- Work with customers to support their progression into learning, work or work progression.
- Work with a variety of organisations to generate customer referrals to meet targets.
- Deliver advice services to meet personal and team targets.
- Record all interactions with customers on the MI database in a timely manner to meet contract deadlines.
- Operate from a variety of locations including Jobcentre Plus, training & education providers, community providers and local career hubs.
- Use and contribute to local, regional and national LMI to support customer progression in their career.
- Meet all standards for quality of service; safeguarding, information and data security, and any other to meet contract requirements.
- Represent and promote ACH / Himilo services in a professional and commercial manner, working effectively with other agencies.
- Attend company meetings and training and liaise with staff at all levels.
- Ensure adherence to the company’s equalities and diversity policy and actively embed equality and diversity into careers advice.
- Other duties commensurate with the level and nature of the post.
- Experience in delivery of careers advice to adults, individually or in groups, employed and unemployed.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- High level of competency, effective operation and use of ICT including its wider application.
- Skilled and competent in delivering careers advice in a range of settings and through a range of delivery modes.
- Able to work as part of a careers service delivery team.
- Well organised, capable of working under pressure, meeting deadlines and managing own time effectively.
- Flexibility to work in different outreach locations.
- Satisfy completion of an enhanced DBS check.
- Able to work in a target driven environment, and ability to meet or exceed contract targets.
- Commitment to delivering quality services.
- An understanding of and commitment to promoting equality and diversity.
Education & Qualifications (Essential)
- Educated to graduate level or equivalent.
- Willing to undertake professional training to maintain standards.
- Hold as a minimum, Level 4 Diploma in Careers Information and Advice or NVQ 4 in Advice & Guidance or equivalent (or be willing to work towards this).
Other Requirements (Essential)
- Full driving licence, own car and must be willing to travel.
Important: In order to be considered for this role please include CV and a covering letter giving details of how you meet the role criteria.
Please email your CV and covering letter to:
If want any additional information please feel free to email or telephone Matthew Rogers.
Matthew Rogers, Phone: 0117 941 5339
Friday Noon 5th April 2019.
Interviews commencing week of 8th April 2019.