£24k to £28k + Laptop + Mobile + Benefits
Full time position, though job share considered.
ACH is a leading provider of resettlement services for refugee and newly arrived communities in the UK, working to resettle refugees through labour market and social integration. We currently work in Bristol, Birmingham, Wolverhampton and Coventry.
For all refugees coming to the UK to be successfully integrated into society with access to adequate accommodation, employment and education.
The purpose of the role
To deliver an effective curriculum through overseeing several employability and training contracts including AEB, SSU, traineeships and apprenticeships.
You will manage a small team of tutors and skills assessors ensuring that learners receive appropriate support through regulated and non-regulated qualifications in order to gain sustainable employment, or move into further education, apprenticeship or voluntary work. Working closely with both the Operations and Quality Manager’s to deliver quality improvement, undertake agreed planning in order to meet business objectives.
- Supervise, develop and oversee a small team of tutors and support staff delivering training across several contracts.
- Monitor, evaluate and improve the quality and delivery of the curriculum by;
- Observing staff, target setting, monitoring and reviewing staff performance.
- Maintaining and improving the delivery service to meet funding and quality requirements.
- Having knowledge of the Ofsted Inspection framework and ESFA guidelines.
- Maintain and grow the curriculum provision by identifying new trends and learner needs.
- Gather learner data through group forums and learner questionnaires.
- Support staff to identify new groups of learners.
- Maintain, analyse and provide appropriate management information through the production of reports, forecasting and monthly contract manager reporting.
- Work closely with internal/external referral partners and employers.
- Work closely with the primes ensuring PQR and CPR meetings are attended, and data is captured and reported correctly, and figures are forecast accurately.
- Oversee and ensure quality and compliance is monitored through undertaking audits and observations and any training identified is carried out.
- Maintain professional, positive behaviour and demonstrate high standards at all times.
- Deliver training in person to a high standard, through developing and delivering an effective curriculum, creating lesson plans, and ensure this is replicated across the wider team.
The ideal Lead Tutor
- A teaching and/or assessors’ qualification
- Wide experience of the apprenticeship frameworks
- Sound knowledge, understanding and experience of employer engagement and full cost provision.
- Recent experience of delivering ESFA funded programmes.
- Ability to lead major change and development as demonstrated by performance in previous positions.
- Experience of effective performance improvement and quality assurance to deliver apprenticeships, traineeships and other educational programmes, including skills support for the unemployed and AEB.
- A sound understanding of the relevant qualifications frameworks and of a range of appropriate curriculum delivery methods
- The ability to set and achieve demanding performance targets and to effectively manage any identified underperformance
- Interpersonal and communication skills of a high order which are applicable to a range of partners and learners. Proven experience of successfully delivering training provision to a wide range of adults.
- Local knowledge of Bristol and surrounding areas, and preferably experience of supporting refugees into education and employment.