Reporting to: Quality and Curriculum Manager
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £26 000 - 28 000 per annum
Contract: Fixed Term, till 31st of December 2022
ACH (Ashley Community Housing) is an award-winning social enterprise specialising in the economic, social and civic integration of refugees via accommodation and community-based training support. Through our training subsidiary, Himilo Training, we are successfully expanding our services to deliver training, development and employment opportunities to the broader communities in which we operate. Building upon our award-winning #RethinkingRefugee campaign, we aim to progress 25,000 individuals towards median-salary employment over 10 years.
About the Role:
The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of vocational and leadership courses developing people skills, though you may also need to support across a wider range of skills and qualification-based programmes of delivery. As a lead tutor, you will also be responsible for working closely with colleagues and overseeing processes to ensure accurate admin and data records are kept and to support the smooth running of teaching delivery.
- You will have excellent people and communication skills and behave proactively to ensure smooth classroom delivery to achieve your KPI’s.
- You should hold a teaching qualification (Cert Ed or PGCE) and be able to complete your own admin, lesson planning and upload to our online platforms as necessary.
- You should be able to lead and support others in the planning and delivery of courses.
- Be a role model in maintaining a positive culture that embeds the ACH/Himilo values and beliefs through highly effective communication processes, and ensure that learners feel valued, safe and supported. Adhere to Safeguarding and Prevent and embed British Values.
- Be driven into supporting learners into the best progression routes for employment.
Key Tasks/ Duties
- To plan, prepare and evaluate high quality course(s) of learning for learners.
- To prepare and use appropriate plans and develop and adapt learning materials for each session and to support other staff in doing so;
- To complete all admin tasks related to this role to a high standard and to lead and support other staff in doing so;
- To give subject specialist information, advice and support to learners as part of teaching duties, including providing learners with advice on progression;
- To complete and use initial assessments of learners ensuring their needs are met;
- To proactively monitor, mark and assess learners’ work and progress and maintain records of this to prepare learners for exams and accreditation;
- To support positive progression and capture exit information for learners at the end of the course;
- To ensure that quality assurance processes are implemented and robustly complied with and to support other staff to be compliant with this;
- To embed Equality & Diversity, British Values and an element of Functional Skills into every lesson;
- To ensure continuing professional/curriculum development (CPD) and to participate in training where appropriate;
- Attend all meetings relevant to the role, including team meetings;
- To support the Quality and Curriculum Manager in the successful operational management of the curriculum;
- To proactively chase attendance by contacting learners on the day they fail to attend.
- To ensure learner surveys are carried out and monitored;
- To take responsibility to plan organise and run assessments as part of courses;
- To adhere to organisational procedures as required within the team.
- Communicate efficiently with staff and keep the Outlook calendar up to date and accurate.
- Ensure that opportunities for publicity are maximised for the benefit of ACH, client confidence and strategic/operational partnerships.
- Ensure that all communication with stakeholders is accurate, timely and relevant.
- Work effectively with other parts of the business where cross-department delivery is to the benefit of ACH and its service users.
- Undertake training and development deemed necessary for the pursuance of the post.
- Comply with Safeguarding, Prevent, and Equality & Diversity Policies and Procedures at all times.
- Ensure that Health and Safety is observed in the course of employment.
- Undertake any other related responsibilities commensurate with the evolving objectives of the post as may reasonably be requested.
- Work with due regard for ACH’s core values and objectives.
PERSON SPECIFICATION FOR THE POST OF – Community Functional Skills and Employability Tutor
Note to applicant – when completing your application form you should demonstrate the extent to which you have the necessary education, experience, knowledge and skills identified as a requirement for the post.
- Qualification to Level 3 or demonstrable equivalent experience
- Teaching and / or Assessing qualification
- Educated to A level or NVQ Level 3 or equivalent with Maths and English GCSE grade C/ NVQ Level 2 or equivalent qualification
- Full, clean UK driving licence and own car for business use.
- Proven ability to meet KPI targets
- Minimum 2 years’ experience within FE/ training sector
- Knowledge of FE and other employment intervention programmes including their background and operation
- Knowledge and understanding of the personal, societal and systemic barriers to integration faced by refugees and forced migrants
Personal Skills and Ability
- Able to work productively with minimum supervision
- Able to plan, use initiative, prioritise own workload and meet deadlines, maintaining a detailed and accurate approach to work tasks
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively (both written and verbal)
- Practical digital knowledge and experience relevant to online teaching and learning
- Arabic speaker
- Commitment to a partnership approach in working to achieve positive outcomes for ACH service users
- A commitment and awareness of Health and Safety issues in the workplace.
- A commitment to promoting equal opportunities and diversity in all work practices, employment and partnering opportunities
This post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
A satisfactory Enhanced DBS check will be required prior to appointment.
You need right to work in the UK to be considered for this role.
Please email your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com giving details of how you meet the role criteria.
We will interview candidates as applications come in. We may close this role early, so please apply ASAP to avoid disappointment.