We currently have a vacancy for the position of Outreach and Engagement Officer
Department: Himilo Training Team
Reports to: Training Manager
Hours: Full time, Monday to Friday 9 am - 5:30 pm
ACH is a leading provider of resettlement services for refugee and newly arrived communities in the UK, working to resettle refugees through labour market and social integration. We currently work in Bristol, Birmingham, Wolverhampton and Coventry.
For all refugees coming to the UK to be successfully integrated into society with access to adequate accommodation, employment and education.
ACH/Himilo provides a wide range of part time learning programmes and activities at venues across Bristol and Birmingham and alongside our online training courses, that enable adults and young people to acquire the skills and knowledge they need to progress to further education, to access employment and to enhance their life experience.
To work as part of the Himilo Training Team, to enhance local community support by engaging with the wider community.
The specific accountabilities of this role may alter from time to time to meet the needs of the business and the customers. Accountabilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
- To generate links with the local community that result in placement opportunities for learners.
- To be a point of contact, advice, information, and support for employers and members of the community, enabling and supporting them to be able to offer placement opportunities.
- To contribute to the assessment of individual learners and match them to appropriate placements.
- To conduct initial interviews and inductions with learners.
- To contribute to the development of employability skills, both to individuals and groups of learners. This will include providing support with CV writing, job applications and interview techniques.
- To provide information, advice, and guidance for learners, both to support them in selecting an appropriate placement and in their progression to further learning or employment. Arrange payment of certain expenses, e.g. bus fares, where appropriate.
- To attend Careers events to promote the programmes of learning delivered by the organisation
- To assist with correspondence and telephone enquiries.
- To communicate effectively with the Line manager and appropriate team members.
- To cover for colleagues at appropriate meetings when necessary
- To attend training courses appropriate to the post to enhance personal and professional development, as well as to increase the quality of the service delivered by the organisation
- To ensure that all key information regarding learners is recorded on appropriate databases.
- Where required, use a motor vehicle to visit venues.
- To promote and implement the Companies Equality Policy in all aspects of employment and service delivery
- To be aware and adhere to requirements of the Corporate Health and Safety Statement
- Any other duties as required by the Line Manager, commensurate with the grade of the post
The role will require the post-holder to work with other colleagues in the Himilo / ACH team to ensure deadlines are met.
• The post-holder must have the ability to use their initiative and progress a series of activities in a logical manner within recognised guidelines.
- The role will require the post-holder to work with colleagues across the organisation.
JOB TITLE: Engagement / Outreach Officer
Person Specification Level of Knowledge
- A good understanding and awareness of employer engagement and community outreach work.
- A working knowledge or understanding of adult education including employability and apprenticeships would be beneficial.
- An IAG qualification at level 4 would be desirable.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent communication skills.
• 5 GCSEs or equivalent qualifications including Maths, English, and IT at a minimum of level 2
How to apply: Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter detailing a) why you are applying for this role at ACH and b) how you meet the essential and desirable criteria for the role to: Leroux.email@example.com