Job Purpose The Project Assistant will help to promote inclusive growth and create improved socio-economic outcomes through supporting the development, implementation and management of a range of integration focussed projects.
In particular, the Project Assistant will be responsible for supporting the development of project briefs and business cases and assisting with overseeing implementation. The types of projects to be supported will primarily be focused on helping to support social change and influence policy in line with ACH/Himilo’s #RethinkingRefugee agenda helping to reshape services designed to improve social integration, primarily of BAME individuals .and the development of modern business infrastructure across the combined business to support this goal.
Line Management Overall responsibility for this role sits with the Business Development Manager, however, especially in relation to project work this role will be supervised by the Senior Project Officer.
DBS Disclosure Satisfy completion of an Enhanced DBS check
To comply with and understand Ashley Community Housing safeguarding policy and procedures and act where appropriate in relation to children and vulnerable groups regarding matters of safety, protection and wellbeing.
Location Bristol Office: Easton Business Centre, Felix Road, Bristol, BS5 0HE
This job would suit an experienced Project Assistant who will provide end to end project management of smaller change projects/initiatives and to support a Project Manager in the implementation of larger projects/initiatives.
This company is a global, recognisable business with an impressive reputation.
The successful individual will have the ability to apply an organised and methodical approach to work assignments, including appropriate planning, prioritisation and documentation and understand the business issues and drivers which impact the project and its delivery. It is desirable that the candidate has good communication and negotiation skills with the ability to influence and challenge at all levels along with, problem-solving skills with knowledge and experience of applying performance measurement techniques.
Duties will include:
- Scopes out projects/initiatives and gains agreement from Sponsor.
- AS IS and TO BE process analysis and mapping.
- Plans, leads/supports implementations within the business area, supporting and advising on introduction of change.
- Produces appropriate management reports
- Sets out a regular feedback loop to update project/initiative stakeholders on progress.
Supporting the Business Operation
- Develops appropriate solutions working in partnership with the Operations, Organisation, Service Delivery, and Change Management & IT.
- Ensures that all solutions complement and enhance current business practices, targets and culture.
Continuous Business Improvement
- Undertakes analysis to support all identified opportunities.
- Delivers cost/benefit analysis to support investment appraisal.
- Produces high level reports in support of recommended initiatives.
- Establish and maintain relations with key stakeholders across the business.
- Maintains and extends a comprehensive range of key internal and external contacts, to provide input to the full range of business initiatives.
- Actively promotes close and harmonious relationships with all members of the team.
- Indirect management of internal colleagues through leading projects/initiatives, ensuring team members are contributing effectively.
- Responsible on a day to day basis for the administration and coordination of projects
- Provide an active scanning and response service to ensure that emerging business opportunities are highlighted promptly.
- Produce tender summaries, making presentations to groups of people and attending briefings on behalf of the organisation.
- Continuously monitor live tender opportunities providing information to support decision making by the Business Development Manager.
- Liaise with and coordinate the contributions of others around the business.
- Provide leadership and guidance to others in the business working on their own team bids.
- Store submitted bids and tender ensuring effective version control and accessibility
- Own, improve and continuously update the Bid Library to support the efficient submission of bids and tenders.
- Support the Business Development Manager in managing and coordinating project implementation
- Monitor and assist with internal and external audit of all projects
- Make sure all project contract paperwork is sent to partner organisations in a timely manner
- Supporting Business Development Manager at the at the end of projects to ensure all auditable / evaluation and project closure activities are completed.
- Attending meetings with partner organisations for audits and data surgeries
- Assist with the delivery and monitoring of ACH/Himilo’s #RethinkingRefugee Delivery Plan (RRDP) and the Business’s wider ambitions for growth.
- Assist with ensuring effective communication with all relevant stakeholders regarding the RRDP (and underpinning project activity) including board members, partners and community groups and residents. This may include attendance at evening meetings as required.
- Assist with the development and appraisal of potential project proposals and options as part of the Business’s plans for growth (including the preparation of required control documents in line with the Business’s Project Management Procedures).
- Assist with the development of project briefs in consultation with Senior Management Team and other key stakeholders.
- Support the ongoing management and monitoring of both consultants and project delivery, including ensuring all required project management control documents are completed and continue to be updated and reviewed).
- Assist with the development of external funding applications required to secure resources necessary to support the implementation and delivery of key projects and prepare funding claims as necessary to draw-down funding.
- Support the development of effective processes to maximise community benefits from capital projects including training and employment opportunities.
- Support the development and monitoring of procedures and processes in relation to projects including handover process and defects period.
- Assist with undertaking project reviews and appraisals in order to help guide future programme and project activity.
- Prepare reports and make recommendations to Board, senior management and project boards.
- Provide quality project and other information to support the wider performance management, marketing and communication requirements of the Business.
This job outline is intended to indicate the broad range of responsibilities and requirements of the post. It is neither exhaustive nor exclusive but, while some variation can be expected duties, the outline is considered to provide a reasonable general description of the post.
- Experience of project process (particularly in a training environment)
- Experience of working with refugees or marginalised communities
- Supporting the development and implementation of projects.
- Working with contractors and consultants.
- Preparation of business cases, options appraisals and briefs.
- Experience of partnership working.
- Budget and contract monitoring.
- Community and Stakeholder engagement and consultation activity.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to re-prioritise, the ability to work independently and effectively managing own workload
- Ability to work towards set targets and deadlines
- Good understanding of urban regeneration
- Good communication and report writing skills
- Good IT Skills
- Good organisational skills
- Knowledge of project development and management processes
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Demonstrates a customer focused approach with a personal commitment to service improvement, equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Satisfy completion of an enhanced DBS check.
- Commitment to delivering quality services.
Please email your CV and covering letter to:
If you want any further information about the role please call Tom Dixon on,
01179 540 433