Want to work for an award-winning and successful social business?
As a result of ACH's continued growth, we require a Project Implementation Lead to ensure we maximise the impact of our integration focussed projects. This role is not just about contract management but is about taking the vision that is securing our new contracts and turning it into coordinated controlled implementation planning and delivery.
The Project Implementation Lead will take an agile approach to ensure all our stakeholders and customers’ needs are met as we go from bid success to project roll out and will be responsible for overseeing implementation within our delivery team(s). The types of projects range from R & D into the ‘future of work’ through to more traditional training delivery. Coordination will cover deliverables from Apps through to specialist course materials focused specifically on ensuring the transition from project conception to delivery is managed within an effectively controlled quality framework.
Line Manager: Deputy CEO
DBS Disclosure: An Enhanced DBS check is a requirement of this role
This job outline is intended to indicate the broad range of responsibilities and requirements of the post. It is neither exhaustive nor exclusive but, while some variation can be expected to duties, the outline is considered to provide a reasonable general description of the post.
- Responsible on a day to day basis for the implementation and coordination of projects, and supporting the writing of new bids.
- Provide an active scanning and response service to ensure that emerging business opportunities are highlighted promptly.
- To set up and manage a project tracking system which to cover from first identification to completion, covering project bids and implementation.
- Produce tender summaries, making presentations to groups of people and attending briefings on behalf of the organisation.
- Liaise with and coordinate the contributions of others around the business.
- Support the Deputy CEO in his Business Development capacity by managing and coordinating project implementation.
- Monitor and assist with the internal and external audit of all projects, producing associated reports as required.
- Attending meetings with partner organisations as required to determine needs/ update on progress/ maintain working relationships as necessary.
- Responsible for financial tracking/ reporting against project deliverables, including expenditure, cash flow requirements and resource demand management.
- Assist with the delivery and monitoring of ACH/Himilo’s #RethinkingRefugee Delivery Plan (RRDP) and the Business’s wider ambitions for growth.
- Assist with ensuring effective communication with all relevant stakeholders regarding the RRDP (and underpinning project activity) including board members, partners and community groups and residents. This may include attendance at evening meetings as required.
- Responsible for ensuring project implementation planning is effectively managed and that consultants and other contractors deliver on time and to budget in line with project timelines and milestones.
- Liaising with contract managers within client organisations to ensure customer requirements are met in a timely manner and to jointly agreed specification.
- Support the development of effective processes to maximise community benefits from projects including training and employment opportunities
- Support the development and monitoring of procedures and processes in relation to projects including interim management, project deliverables and handover to delivery teams.
- Assist with undertaking project reviews and appraisals in order to help guide future programme and project activity.
- Prepare reports and make recommendations to Board, senior management and project boards.
- Provide quality project and other information to support the wider performance management, marketing and communication requirements of the business.
- Support the development of our innovation activity by contributing to a new project design.
Ideally gained in a multi-disciplinary environment delivering commercial projects with a social focus.
- Experience of customer needs focused project implementation across multiple teams
- Able to contribute to the development and implementation planning of new/ existing projects through the preparation of business cases, options appraisals and briefs.
- Demonstrable experience of managing deliverables from Third Party contractors and consultants as well as internal staff and stakeholders.
- Experience of partnership working, and payment by results/ grant-funded partner relationships.
- Practical experience of managing task and finish project delivery/ implementation teams
- Experience of regeneration financial management. Budget and contract monitoring,
- Practical experience of Community/ Stakeholder engagement and consultation activity to ensure project deliverables are designed/ delivered and meet customer needs.
- Demonstrable implementation skills against set targets and deadlines
- Good understanding of social innovation projects and the dynamics of different funding bodies: EU, UK govt, local govt, trusts/charities.
- Good communication and report writing skills for both internal and external audiences, and able to present at a senior level.
- Excellent IT skills - Desirable use of tools such as Trello. Microsoft Teams, or similar. Essential experienced at using Office 365 and project management software.
- Practical experience and understanding/knowledge of PRINCE 2 / AGILE project management systems (desirable).
- Ability to manage financial reporting across multiple funding streams, including grants, consultancy, blended finance and social impact bonds (desirable).
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Demonstrates a customer focused approach with a personal commitment to service improvement, equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Satisfy completion of an enhanced DBS check.
- Good organisational skills and commitment to delivering quality services.
Excellent time management skills with the ability to re-prioritise, the ability to work independently and effectively manage own workload.
If you're interested, please apply by sending your CV and covering letter to email@example.com, explaining "Why should we choose you as our new Project Implementation Lead?"
Application closing date: 31st of October
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £28,000.00 to £31,000.00 /year