Attractive Salary + Benefits.
ACH is a leading provider of resettlement services for refugee and newly arrived communities in the UK, working to resettle refugees through labour market and social integration. We currently work in Bristol, Birmingham, Wolverhampton and Coventry.
For all refugees coming to the UK to be successfully integrated into society with access to adequate accommodation, employment and education.
Purpose of job
The Support and Integration Team is an integral part of ACH; the ideal candidate will be responsible for providing excellent standards of support, as well as quality information advice and guidance, to enable the resettlement and successful integration of refugees. ACH is looking for a motivated and enthusiastic person to join our dedicated support and integration team. This role requires resilience, creativity and a willingness to work flexibly in order to meet the needs of both the organisation and our tenants.
- Completing an initial needs and risk assessment for each person referred to service.
- Providing person-centred and culturally sensitive support to ACH tenants.
- Developing a personalised plan of support for each person and ensuring that the plan of support is reviewed regularly.
- Giving advice and support on a range of issues including housing, finance, education, employment, health and immigration, as required.
- Supporting people with budgeting / registering with care providers / creating social networks / advocacy/ volunteering / training / employment opportunities etc.
- Signposting to other relevant external agencies and referral partners as appropriate.
- Organising and attending group trips to local places of interest for our tenants
- Developing links with external organisations or agencies to promote the needs of refugees and create opportunities for partnership working.
- Effectively managing a designated caseload of tenants, as well as keeping accurate records and maintaining case files to a high standard.
- Fully participating in team meeting, staff meetings, training sessions, supervision and any other relevant forum or communication processes.
- Accompanying our tenants to appointments with statutory and/or voluntary services.
- Organising house meetings and visiting our tenants both at their properties and in the community.
- Completing online or paper forms for employment, welfare benefits etc.
- Any other tasks commensurate with the role.
The ideal Support & Integration Officer:
- Experience of working with asylum seekers or refugees in a voluntary or paid capacity
- A commitment and desire to support refugees with their integration in the UK
- Experience of providing advice and guidance, advocacy and culturally sensitive support
- Experience of creating support plans, completing needs assessments
- Experience and knowledge of working with people with complex/multiple support needs
- Ability to effectively assess, manage and continuously review needs and risks
- Ability to maintain accurate records and manage a caseload
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Ability to manage own time, whilst also working within a team
- Understanding the importance of safeguarding, in relation to working with vulnerable adults
- Confident Microsoft skills - Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of a community language(s) and/or lived experience of being a refugee
- Understanding of the welfare benefits system
- Experience of supporting people using assessment and support planning tools
- Experience of supporting people to understand their tenancy rights and responsibilities, including housing management issues
- Local knowledge and networks, including specialist agencies providing services for refugees in Bristol
- Experience of utilising policies and procedures to ensure best practice principles are followed
- Knowledge of legislation relating to immigration
- Ability to support people to manage budgets and debts
- Trained to OISC Level One or willing to undertake relevant immigration training
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or with your CV to apply.