Department: Support and Integration Team
Reports to: Support Team Leader
Contracted Hours: 37.5 hours a week
Working Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00 am– 5:00pm
Salary: £23,000 - £25,000
Location: Floor 8, Cobalt Square, Hagley Rd, Birmingham B16 8QG
ACH is a leading provider of resettlement services for refugee and newly arrived communities in the UK, working to resettle refugees through labour market and social integration. We currently work in Bristol, Birmingham, Wolverhampton and Coventry.
For all refugees coming to the UK to be successfully integrated into society with access to adequate accommodation, employment and education.
Purpose of job
Senior Support and Integration Officers have a high level of expertise in the role of support worker and are expected to be a source of knowledge, best practice and guidance for the Support Team. Senior Support Officers will be able to manage their own designated caseload to a high standard. They will also be expected to plan and manage outreach support activities; provide training to less experienced colleagues and respond to queries at times when the Team Leader is absent.
- Point of contact responding to queries and providing guidance when Team Leader is absent or unavailable.
- Contributing to the induction of new starters and providing training and best practice advice to less senior colleagues.
- Completing detailed and high quality needs and risk assessment for each person referred to service.
- Developing a personalised plan of support for each person and ensuring that the plan of support is reviewed regularly.
- Show a degree of specialisation linked to one or more support areas for example, safeguarding, debt, immigration, health, housing etc.
- Giving advice and support on a range of issues including housing, finance, education, employment, health and immigration, as required.
- Giving immigration advice within remit and keeping records in line with OISC Code of Standards,
- Supporting people with budgeting / registering with care providers / creating social networks / advocacy/ volunteering / training / employment opportunities etc.
- Advising colleagues of most appropriate external agencies and referral partners for signposting and external referrals.
- Organising and attending group trips to local places of interest for our tenants.
- Developing links with external organisations or agencies to promote the needs of refugees and create opportunities for partnership working
- Effectively managing a designated caseload of tenants, as well as keeping accurate records and maintaining case files to a high standard.
- Fully participating in team meeting, staff meetings, training sessions, supervision and any other relevant forum or communication processes.
- Accompanying our tenants to appointments with statutory and/or voluntary services.
- Organising house meetings and visiting our tenants both at their properties and in the community.
- Completing online or paper forms for employment, welfare benefits etc.
- Any other tasks commensurate with the role.
To see full details of the role, please click here.
How to apply:
Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter detailing a) why you are applying for this role at ACH and b) how you meet the essential and desirable criteria for the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We may close this role early, so please apply ASAP to avoid disappointment.