VIEW THE CANDIDATE PACK HERE.
Role: Training Manager (Contracts)
Salary: £32-38k dependent upon experience
Benefits: Mobile phone, laptop, mileage costs
During the past ten years, ACH has changed from a small-scale housing provider, located in inner-city Bristol, to a multi-award winning leading provider of resettlement and integration services for refugee and newly arrived communities in the UK. We now employ 65 staff, work with 2,500 people per year, deliver services in the West of England and West Midlands, and offer advice and assistance across the UK and beyond.
What this means in practice is we create a massive amount of social impact. Our stated aim is to progress 25,000 individuals towards median salary roles over the next ten years. Himilo Training (Himilo) is the training subsidiary of ACH formed to deliver on this agenda and equip our learners with the skills to achieve their chosen career paths.
Under the ACH & Himilo brands, we deliver a range of funded and commercial training contracts, including Apprenticeships (Levy and non-levy), AEB and future employee contextualising training for our employer partners. Himilo aspires to be an Ofsted Grade 2 provider rated in all areas providing a mixture of vocational and pre-vocational training. Himilo are currently working towards an ambitious five-year growth strategy. To achieve this, we look to recruit only the best staff. Himilo will be built by an amazing team, all of whom share our passion and commitment.
The opportunity exists for a challenging and rewarding career in an exciting industry and in a company, which is making a significant contribution to the training and development of people. We are looking for an outstanding individual who can bring training to life in a way that engages, inspires and leads to high achievement.
Himilo is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and adults, we expect all staff, associates, volunteers and delivery partners to share this commitment. Himilo is also committed to equality of opportunity and values the diversity of all its learners, clients, workforce and partners. Himilo takes very seriously our obligations in respect of E&D.
We are now seeking an experienced Training Manager to play a key role in the further development and delivery of a training company that we can be proud of. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate checks including an enhanced DBS as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.
Based within commuting distance of either our Bristol or Birmingham offices, you will be a Training Industry professional who works to the highest standards of quality, compliance and performance. You will be experienced in Work-based Learning delivery and have an eye for detail, a passion to make a difference and great customer service and organisational skills. Above all, you will relish the opportunity to be a driving force behind contracts with huge growth potential, using your experience and skills to guide the development of programmes that have real value to both our learners and their employers.
About the role:
This is an operational role that will develop Himilo as the leading independent training provider in its sector. Building on a foundation of existing contracts/ delivery developed over the last 10 years, this role will propel our provision to the next level. The role itself is multi-faceted serving the needs of our learners who require the best training provision possible, prime contractors who require contractual compliance against key indicators, alongside the needs of our employer partners who require consistent, reliable, quality training for potential new employees and existing and a varied mix of services/ provision to local authorities, government departments and overseas clients. In addition, responsibilities will include:
- Taking full operational responsibility for ACH and Himilo training contracts, including subcontractor delivery and board reporting
- Effectively managing and monitor Himilo’s AEB, Adult Learner Loans, Apprenticeships (Levy and non-levy), National Careers Service and Skills Support for the Unemployed delivery across the business to the standards required by the ESFA and Ofsted and financial requirements of the business.
- Managing financial and volume targets to ensure employer contracts/delivery programmes are operated profitability and make the targeted financial contribution to the business.
- Managing the development of the business cases to ensure ESFA funded and employer funded contracts grow with learner demand and are varied to meet learners/ employers changing needs.
- Work alongside the Quality Manager to ensure all teaching and assessment delivery is conducted at consistently outstanding levels as measured against the Common Inspection Framework.
- Be accountable and responsible for the management of direct delivery and support staff at the training centres in Bristol, Birmingham and any other delivery locations.
- Provide strong leadership, support and guidance to ensure that staff are enthusiastic, have high expectations, and support learner’s progress Responsibility for the performance management and improvement of all provision, across all contracts to include programme performance, quality, profiles and audit compliance
- Ensure data management systems are fully utilised to drive-up achievement rates, accurate and up to date, including contract-specific portals, DAS and ILR systems.
- Ensure that Apprentice e-portfolios and ILPs within the Aptem platform are up to date and compliant with funding rules.
- Use data to manage provision, narrow achievement gaps and respond strategically to employer/learner feedback.
- Coordinate both internal and external resources to develop new training products.
- Identify areas of improvement and best practice and implement change accordingly
- Develop existing client accounts through identifying and responding promptly to opportunities.
- Ensure full compliance with all GDPR and other relevant external regulations.
- Experience and a proven track record in managing high quality programmes including pop-up centres within employers
- At least 3 years’ proven experience working in a managerial role.
- Understanding of the funding criteria for AEB, Apprenticeships, etc. set by the ESFA and Ofsted requirements.
- Understanding of disadvantage in the labour market and proven capabilities addressing such issues.
- Understanding of labour market survey data and the market orientation of skills training
- Achieved significant success through team-building and motivating staff responsible for delivering front-line services.
- Ability to demonstrate sound experience using Microsoft Office Package
- Experience working with data and using data effectively to drive improvements.
- Experience of using a MIS system would be advantageous – PICS
- To have high expectations of self and be capable of setting and maintaining high expectations of all within your team
- Have a non-compromising approach to the pursuit of quality in provision (where quality is determined by the expectations of Ofsted)
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and capable of building and developing strong client relationships
- Highly skilled motivator and communicator, capable of supporting, developing and retaining staff
- Demonstrate strong and effective leadership, influencing and people management skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Pro-active and customer focussed
- Be well organised and able to work own initiative
- Be self motivated, enthusiastic and a team player
- Work to tight deadlines demonstrating an ability to work under pressure and have a flexible disposition
- High achieving, target driven and commercially and financially aware
- Working experience and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, One Note and Skype
- SharePoint knowledge is desirable
- Knowledge of Health & Safety requirements and responsibilities
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in management of publicly-funded Work-based Learning programmes.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of working directly on delivery of Apprenticeships.
- A good understanding of the delivery of Apprenticeship Standards and associated rules and regulations.
- P&L experience.
- A good understanding of the Ofsted Common Inspection Framework and ESFA funding rules.
- Minimum 1 years’ experience of line management.
- Teaching and/or assessing qualification – Award in Education or equivalent, CAVA or equivalent.
- Full driving license and use of own car for business purposes.
- Experience in managing Apprenticeship Standards delivery.
- T&L quality assurance qualification – A1 or equivalent.
- Business development experience.
- Experience in development of accredited course resources.
How to apply:
We have retained the professional services of FE Associates to support us with this recruitment process. To apply, please send a copy of your latest CV together with a two page covering letter expressing why you wish to be considered for this role and how you meet the requirements set out in the person specification.
You must also complete our equality and diversity form which accompanies the candidate pack on the jobs site.
To ensure fairness to all applicants, any decision to shortlist you for initial telephone screening will be based solely on the information that you supply on your CV and covering letter. It is important you give as much information as possible regarding why you wish to apply and what you think makes you a suitable applicant.
ACH is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all areas of society.
Completed applications should be sent by email to email@example.com quoting reference Training Manager. Enquiries about the role can also be sent to this email address.
Thank you for your initial interest in the Training Manager opportunity.
Noon on Friday 22nd March 2019
Final Interviews with ACH Board and CEO:
Beginning of April 2019