Support for newly arrived Syrian refugees
In July 2019, ACH Birmingham was awarded the ‘Employability Services’ contract by Birmingham City Council to help newly arrived people on the Syrian Vulnerable Persons Resettlement Scheme (SVPRS) develop their skills for employment.
We are currently providing access to support services, accommodation, education, benefits, health services and also skills for employment through the Employability Services contract.
Our employment support includes:
- Developing individual career plans and setting career goals
- Completing Personal Integration Plans through IsTailored
- Writing CVs, Cover Letters, completing application forms and applying for jobs
- Finding employment and work experience opportunities (working closely with DWP, Birmingham City Council and employers)
- Interview practice
- Identifying skills gaps and enrolling for training courses
- IELTS access and funding for the programme
To find out more or access our support please:
Contact ACH's training function Himilo | firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Himilo’s Operation Manager | email@example.com
Use our contact form below: